Centuries ago, American president and founding father Thomas Jefferson said that “Education is the key to success.” This powerful statement has been proven right all through human history, and that’s why everyone wants to acquire high-quality education. Even low-income earners, from Third World countries, are always on the lookout for the cheapest universities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and other advanced nations.
Pursuing a master’s degree in Canada is a significant investment you can make in your future. Many international students would want to acquire this, but the cost of pursuing a master’s degree is often the biggest constraint. Some Canadian universities offer affordable education for international students.
In this article, we will give you a rundown of Canada’s top 10 cheapest universities to pursue an international master’s degree. We will also provide insight into their tuition fee range and some of the courses they offer.
Why You Should Study in Canada
Canada is one of the most prosperous countries in the world. Apart from enjoying one of the best quality of life in the world, international students in Canada also get the same level of freedom, rights, and protection as Canadian citizens.
Here are 8 other reasons to study in Canada
- You can communicate with anyone in English and French, so you don’t have to worry about language barriers.
- Some of the highest-ranking universities in the world are in Canada.
- Canada is a highly cosmopolitan and culturally diverse country.
- High level of security and high quality of life.
- Study at world-class research-oriented universities that are focused on making ground-breaking discoveries.
- Affordable education and mouthwatering scholarship opportunities.
- You can get full-time jobs during summer and other holidays, and also 20 hours a week during semesters.
- High chances of getting up to a three-year post-graduate work permit.
Our Criteria for Ranking the Cheapest Universities in Canada
In this article, some of the parameters we used to rank the cheapest universities in Canada include:
- Tuition fees: The tuition fees of these Canadian universities are one of the most vital factors we considered when ranking them among the low-cost universities in Canada.
- Cost of Living: This list prioritizes institutions in states that offer affordable university education in Canada. This is because a low cost of living makes life affordable for international students.
- Value for money: This list of cheap universities in Canada also features schools that will give you a high value for your money. This includes quality of education, faculty expertise, research opportunities, facilities, and student support services.
- Reputation and ranking: These top most affordable Canadian universities have a high ranking and standing in the international education community.
List of the Cheapest Universities in Canada for Masters Program
The cheapest universities in Canada for international students seeking a master’s degree include:
- Brandon University
- Memorial University Newfoundland
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of Calgary
- University of Saskatchewan
- Simon Fraser University
- University of Winnipeg
- Mount Royal University
- University of Prince Edward Island
- University of Regina
Now let’s delve into the details of these affordable Canadian universities.
1. Brandon University
Located in Manitoba, Brandon University is one of the most affordable Canadian schools for international students. They offer a wide range of master’s programs with a strong emphasis on research and a supportive learning environment. Brandon’s university tuition fees for international master’s students range from CAD $6,200 to $8,300 per year.
2. Memorial University of Newfoundland
Newfoundland is one of the most affordable places to live in Canada, compared to other provinces. To top it off, the Memorial University of Newfoundland offers international students affordable education in Canada. The school is revered for its renowned faculty and research opportunities, and for allowing students to focus on their academic goals without the burden of high tuition fees.
Memorial University of Newfoundland tuition fees for international students range between CAD $3,222 to $11,460 per year, depending on the program.
3. University of Northern British Columbia
This prestigious university is located in British Columbia, and is famous for its community engagement and sustainable development. It offers a wide range of affordable master’s programs in fields like health sciences, business, environmental studies, and natural resource management. University of Northern British Columbia tuition fees for international students range from CAD $8,922 to $13,469 per year.
4. University of Calgary
The University of Calgary offers a wide range of world-class master’s programs for international students. From social sciences to environmental science, engineering, computer science, health sciences, and arts, this school offers some of the best university programs in Canada. University of Calgary tuition fees for international students range from CAD $16,000 to $30,000 per year depending on the discipline.
5. University of Saskatchewan
Reputed for its focus on academic and research excellence, the University of Saskatchewan is one of the cheapest universities in Canada. It offers a wide range of master’s degree programs across engineering, agriculture, business, health sciences, social sciences, and natural sciences. The tuition fee for most master’s programs for international students is between CAD $6,000 and $20,000.
6. Simon Fraser University
Also located in British Columbia, Simon Fraser University offers some of the cheapest tuition fees in Canada. The cost of doing a master’s program for international students at this college is between CAD $12,000 and $22,000 per year. Their area of academic excellence includes business administration, computer science, engineering, health sciences, social sciences, arts, and communication.
7. University of Winnipeg
The University of Winnipeg is another budget-friendly university in Canada. It is located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and they offer numerous disciplines including arts, science, business administration, education, and environmental studies. University of Winnipeg tuition fees for international students are between CAD $11,000 to $16,000 per session, depending on the discipline.
8. Mount Royal University
Located in the lively city of Calgary, Mount Royal University offers affordable education to international students seeking to study in Canada. The school has achieved academic excellence in various fields, especially business administration, education, and health and physical education. Mount Royal University tuition fees for international students range from CAD $12,237 to $13,020 per session.
9. University of Prince Edward Island
International students that want to settle in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island will benefit from the affordable education that this university offers. With Just CAD $10,000 to $15,000 per session, you can acquire a master’s degree here in any discipline, and also enjoy the peaceful, beautiful island and its close-knit community.
10. University of Regina
The last one on our list of the 10 cheapest universities in Canada is the University of Regina. Located in Regina, Saskatchewan, the University of Regina is an excellent place to study engineering, social sciences, arts, and business administration, etc. Tuition fees for the international master’s program at the University of Regina are approximately CAD $9,950 to $18,800 per year.
Pursuing a master’s degree in Canada is one of the best ways to set yourself up for a bright future. This list of the cheapest universities in Canada provides you with some of the most affordable Canadian universities so that you can streamline your admission search process if you have a limited budget.